The Latest News in the UK Mortgage and Finance Markets
Looking for older news? Try our Mortgage News Archive.
- 17th May
- 16th May
- 15th May
- 14th May
- 13th May
- 10th May
- 9th May
- 8th May
- 7th May
- 3rd May
- 2nd May
- 1st May
- 30th Apr
- 29th Apr
- 27th Apr
- 26th Apr
- 25th Apr
- 24th Apr
- 23rd Apr
- 22nd Apr
- 19th Apr
- 18th Apr
- 17th Apr
- 16th Apr
- 15th Apr
- 13th Apr
- 12th Apr
- 11th Apr
- 10th Apr
- 9th Apr
- Santander launches direct-only 10-year fix at 3.94%
Santander has launched its lowest ever 10-year fixed rate mortgage at 3.94 per cent today.
- Fincorp completes £900k loan
Bridging lender Fincorp has completed a £900,000 loan on two Gloucestershire properties, enabling the conversion of a chapel into a recording studio for 70’s band Squeeze.
- Money Advice Service calls for evidence to help form new five-year strategy
The Money Advice Service is calling for evidence as part of a major study into financial wellbeing in the UK.
- CML Northern Ireland appoints chairman
First Trust Bank head of mortgages Brian McCormick has been appointed the chairman of Council of Mortgage Lenders Northern Ireland.
- Secured lending breaks £40m barrier for first time in 3 years
Secured lending has broken the £40m barrier for the first time in over three years in April, according to the latest Secured Loan Index from Loans Warehouse.
- Intrinsic sets aside £2m for complaints as profits rocket
Intrinsic Financial Services has set aside over £2m for expected complaints settlements in its 2012 accounts as the network reported a 62 per cent profit increase.
- RBS cuts 1,400 more jobs
The Royal Bank of Scotland has today announced plans to cut 1,400 jobs more jobs over the next two years.
- The Mortgage Works to scrap separate range for first-time landlords
The Mortgage Works is scrapping its first-time landlord range and allowing these borrowers to access the same products as experienced landlords.
- Saffron for Intermediaries hires new business development manager
Saffron for Intermediaries, the broker lending arm of Saffron Building Society, has appointed Anita Arch as a business development manager.
- Abbey to launch 1.94% two-year fix for seven days only
Abbey for Intermediaries is launching a 1.94 per cent two-year fixed rate which will be available for just seven days.